On 5 March 1945 Major Emil Lamberth, the commanding officer of Pionier-Ersatz- und Ausbildungsbatallion 9 had been sworn in as combat commander of the "fortress Aschaffenburg". His command had subordinated Grenadier-Ersatz- und Ausbildungsbatallion 106, his fore mentioned Pionierbatallion as well as 4 Hungarian rifle companies. On 16 March 1945 was set up the first alert units as combat teams. On 20 March 1945 the garrison Aschaffenburg was subordinated to the fighting troops. Altogether the garrison covered approx. 5.000 soldiers. The armament comprised of approx. 1.700 rifles from different countries as well as 32 machine guns and some mortars. In the week before Easter, hand-held antitank weapons, hand grenades, new assault rifles as well as ammunition to larger extent were supplied.

 
 

 KK  
 

106

 

9

 

  H

 

 

 

 

Stamm

1

9

   H 

 

2

9

H

106

529

3

9

H

ROB

27/28

4 9  
  Gen 9

(Move cursor over the Tactical Symbol to see details)

 

2002 © Copyright Peter Domes -  Date of last change: 2013-09-22